VEHICLE ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
DRE’s electrical engineers have industry experience and expertise in electrical and electronic systems hardware/software for vehicle powertrain, body, chassis, safety, and entertainment applications. Specific industry experience includes:
- Vehicle wiring and circuits
- E.M.S ‐ internal combustion and hybrid
- Electronic throttle control
- Front and side supplemental restraint systems
- Passive seat belt systems
- Heated seats
- Starting and charging systems
- Power mirrors and windows
- Automatic headlamp aiming
- Heads‐up display
- Return‐less fuel control system
- Electronic assist power steering
- Wireless tire pressure monitoring
- Electronic suspension control
- Brake systems (antilock & electric)
- Electronic stability and traction control
- HVAC components
- Mobile communication systems
- Batteries, motors switches and other components.
Our electrical engineers have worked in product design, development, and validation for OEMs and suppliers in the automotive industry. We provide our clients a substantial depth of knowledge in the development process and practices for vehicle electrical systems.
We inspect, overhaul, and analyze vehicles involved in fires based on the NFPA 921 scientific‐based investigation and analysis methods for fire and explosion incidents.
Our expertise also includes: off‐road and construction vehicles, trucks, track/wheel loaders, excavators, and vision systems and mobile communications in railroad applications.
DRE's electrical engineers also have experience in the failure analysis of other electrical systems, including:
- Automatic door pedestrian and control systems
- Watercraft electrical systems and engine management systems
- Electrical causation of residential and commercial fires
- Commercial and industrial instrumentation and control systems, including boilers and other combustion systems
- Power distribution systems